PASITICCRIA ANDREA PANSA
“If you’re in Amalfi, you have to go to Pansa”
Lemon Almond Cake Amalfitana
LEMON ALMOND CAKE
- 1/2 Cup Medium Ground Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Light Farro Flour (Or All-purpose Flour)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Blanched Almonds
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Lemon
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs At Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade, and pulse the almonds with the sugar, until the almonds are finely ground.
- Cut the ends off of the lemon, and then cut the rest of it into chunks (including the remaining peel), discarding any seeds.
- Add the lemon to the almond mixture and process until blended.
- Add the olive oil, milk, and eggs, and process for 1 minute.
- Add the cornmeal mixture and pulse until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove the cake from the pan and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar.
POSITANO is COMING SOON
COOKBOOK / TRAVEL GUIDE
POSITANO The AMALFI COAST
From Bestselling Italian Cookbook Author
DANIEL BELLINO ZWICKE
by DANIEL BELLINO ZWICKE